Other School News
Spirit Day !!!
Save a Cow Eat Chicken !!!!!!!!
Books A HOY!!!!!
The St. Jude Book Fair is looking amazing! We are still in need of volunteers to help make this an Arrrr-some fundraiser for our Library. Please visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0849ABA62FA31-stjude and sign up for a time to help! Your stewardship is greatly appreciated!
Stewardship for Grades 3-8
In an effort for us to continue to develop good stewards, St. Jude Catholic School revised the form used to document stewardship hours for grades 3rd through 8th grade similar to the Catholic High School service program. Please take a moment to discuss possible service opportunities with your child. As your child’s primary teacher, parents will need to assist student(s) on any or all service hours so that you can model your own stewardship to them. Your stewardship is vital for the life of the parish, thus your support in this program is of the utmost importance.
1. Service hours are outside of classroom time.
2. Parents are encouraged to assist students with their service hours.
3. Stewardship hours are things done above and beyond regular chores. They are to be in service of the parish, school, or community.
4. Younger students will require parental assistance to complete the form but not do it for them.
5. These service hours are counted as a test grade for Religion class in the 4th quarter. Incomplete service hours will require completion, even though full credits are not given.
6. Teachers may require half of the hours to be completed in the first semester.
Some suggestions are listed below:
• School cleaning
• Weeding the flower beds, water the flower beds during summer
• Pick up debris from lawn on campus
• Sweep or rake the campus from fallen leaves.
• Set up for various functions throughout the year (Fall Fest, Parish Picnic, etc.)
• Clean up for various functions throughout the year (Fall Fest, Parish Picnic, etc.)
• Tidy up church after Mass
• Helping in the school library before school
• Helping the school Book Fair
• After school tutoring (qualified Middle School students only)
• Serving as greeter for weekend Mass
· Eucharistic adoration
· Leading family rosary or prayer time
· Visiting those in the nursing home
· Offetory (3rd-4th can count one assigned Sunday and one volunteer Sunday)
· Altar serving (5th-8th can count one assigned Sunday and one volunteer Sunday)
· Cantoring at Sunday Mass
Thank you for your help as you and your child strive to be good stewards of God.
Fr. Jim Mainzer, Pastor
Danelle Urban, Principal
National Talk like a Pirate Day
On September 19th, our kindergarten class celebrated National Talk like a Pirate Day and the letter R by being pirates for the day. They had a great time with eye patches, hats and pretending to walk on peg legs and of course saying "AHrrrrrrrrrrr."